Motivation:
Camp Experiences
Learning Objectives:
Level 3
- Show a developing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.
- Select, form, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
- Use language features appropriately, showing a developing understanding of their effects.
- Organise texts, using a range of appropriate structures.
Level 4
- Show an increasing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.
- Select, develop, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
- Use a range of language features appropriately, showing an increasing understanding of their effects.
- Organise texts. Using a range of appropriate structures.
Learning goals:
- To hook the reader in with an interesting beginning
- A variety of sentence starters
- A variety of sentence lengths
- Edit and rework
- Effective peer checking and feedback
The Giant Swing
Dangling in mid air, my heart was pounding. As the ground was slowly shrinking away from my feet, my face was whiter then snow. The tree's danced as I was lifted higher into the air.
Chills rolled down my spine as I sat suspended in the air. The rough, harness uncomfortably dug into my soft skin. As the tiny figures from below started counting, I thought this was the end.
I clenched my fists and shut my eyes tightly. 3...2...1 My stomach dropped as I started to plummet towards the ground. I opened my eyes to see the view from above. My hair blew into my face as I screamed.
"I don't think I took a single breath until I had both feet safely on the crumbly soil". That was the Giant Swing.
Goal 1 Reflection: I didnt really acheive this goal as I didnt ask for feedback from peers, I did get feedback from Mr henderson but didnt really add it into my writing. I will however do this goal in the future as I simply just forgot.
Goal 2 Reflection: I do think I acheived this goal as I used a 1 clear word to describe somthing instead of


Estelle, it is great to see you reflecting upon writing and realising what your goals are. Make sure you seek the feedback and respond to it appropriately in the future. I look forward to continuing to link paragraphs and use strong vocabulary.
ReplyDelete